It consists of a typical pattern of hair loss in women, due to hormones, aging and genes.
A hair grows from its follicle at an average rate of about ½ inch per month. Each hair grows for 2-6 years, then rests, and then falls. A new hair soon begins growing in its place.
The Baldness occurs when hair falls out but new hair does not grow normally in place. The reason for female pattern baldness is not well understood but may be related to:
- Changes in levels of androgens (male hormones). For example, after reaching the menopause , many women find that the hair on the head is thinner, while facial hair is coarser.
- Family history of male pattern baldness or female.
Hair loss can occur in women for reasons other than those of female pattern baldness, including the following:
- Breaking of hair (from treatments and twisting or pulling of hair or hair shaft abnormalities that are present at birth)
- Certain skin diseases which lead to scarring of the hair follicles
- Certain autoimmune diseases
- Hormonal problems such as too much testosterone or too much or too little thyroid hormone
- Too little iron
- Too little vitamin Bs (biotin) or other vitamin deficiency
- Medications such as chemotherapy and beta blockers
- Patchy hair loss ( alopecia areata )
- Syphilis, a sexually transmitted infection
- Temporary hair Muda after a serious illness, surgery or pregnancy
Hair thinning is different from male pattern baldness. In female pattern baldness:
- Hair thins mainly at the top and crown of the scalp. Usually begins with an enlargement through the central part of the hair.
- The frontal hairline of hair is retained.
- Hair loss rarely progresses to total or near total baldness as it may in men.
Generally not observed skin ulcers and itchy scalp.
Exams and Tests
Female pattern baldness is usually diagnosed based on:
- Ruling out other causes of hair loss
- The appearance and pattern of hair loss
- The history
The doctor will perform an examination for other signs of too much male hormone (androgen), such as:
Iq option www.iqoption.ma/ Morocco
Billy Jealousy THE HITS Vol. Gift Set
Beauty (Billy Jealousy, LLC.)
Cancer treatment2011-11-12 12:56:34 by 39Blue
Looking for some opinions. I have been doing a lot of reading. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, had surgery to remove the tumor, then was told she needed chemo and radiation. She has had 2 rounds of chemo with no side effects except hair loss.
There is so much information out there, pro and con. I just finished reading about the Susan g. Komen foundation, being a front for the cancer industry, a fraud, promoting mammograms,which
cause radiation in the body, not teaching women how to eat right, or anything to prevent breast cancer, also being in bed with planned parenthood, promoting abortion
You might also like:
Traditional Chinese Medicines Contain Dangerously High Levels of Toxins — Science World Report
.. have been used for preventive care.
Easy Groom 6-Inch Pet Dematting Comb
Pet Products (Alfie Pet)